I’m at it again! I’m obsessed with emboss-resist watercoloring right now. And I made this cute embossed watercolor card and I thought I’d share it with you!
By the way, I shared this little tutorial first on Periscope. It’s so much fun to watch and interact live- you can ask questions and chat with everyone in real time. But if that’s not your thing, that’s OK- you can still watch archived ‘scopes on the website.
So let’s get to it! This “gem” of a card uses the emboss-resist technique- that is, you heat emboss a piece of watercolor paper and then you watercolor in the little “wells” made by the embossing. It allows you to lay on the watercolors REALLY thick- which give you puddles of delicious color.
Here’s the list of the products I used… and there are links for shopping to Amazon and Simon Says Stamp.
Affiliate links follow.
- ABSTRACT geometric stamp by My Favorite Things
- White Stamp Pad- I recommend Stampin’ UP Whisper white OR Avery Elle Pure White
- Ken Oliver’s Liquid Metallics
- Ken Oliver Color Burst
- Heat Tool
- White Embossing Powder (I’m using Frosted Crystal from Ranger)
- MY PRECIOUS photopolymer set from Winnie and Walter
- BLING IT ON photopolymer set from My Favorite Things
- DIAMONDS Die-Namics from My Favorite Things
- One-Sheet Wonder Cardstock
- Watercolor Paper
- Xyron (small size for embellishments)
- Deco Foil by Thermoweb
- Vertigo holographic plastic from Imagine Crafts
- YUPO polypropelene paper
- Staz-On pad
And of course you can substitute out products you have on hand to make the project your own embossed watercolor card- be creative.
Now… I made a video from the Periscope footage. It’s about 8 minutes long- enjoy!
So I have to tell you how MUCH I love this background stamp. Stay tuned, I have a few other ideas up my sleeve for another embossed watercolor card coming soon!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017