I love quilling! The act of twirling little paper strips into something lovely is a bit magical for me. While I came up with the card idea a few years ago, I’ve now updated it to include a quick 2-minute video showing you how to make this cut quilled shamrock. And if you need a lucky clover, just add one more leaf and you are good to go!
There are some handy links affiliate shopping links below for your convenience.
To make each shamrock, you’ll need :
- two strips of dark green quilling paper
- OR/ one strip each of light and dark green quilling paper
- white glue
- quilling tool /kit
- quilling sizer is optional
Here’s that video I promised!
Start off by ripping the lengths of quilling paper in half. Try to do so at an angle, as it decreases the bulk at the seam. Use a dot of white glue and let dry.
Then, using your quilling tool, roll the paper up. Let it unspool a little until it’s the size of a nickel. Use a dab of glue to keep the spiral at that size. If you have a sizing tool, place it in there with a pin as shown. Add a dab of glue and let it dry.
To make the card, I first applied a gold seal to my card front. Then I glued the three leaves down, and added a lightly curled scrap strip to make the stem.
By the way, if you are super-crafty you can make your own DIY Quilling Tool- here’s a video for that, too:
You’ll see in this video, you can easily make Quilled hearts, too!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018