While we don’t go all-out for St. Patrick’s Day in my house, the kiddos love to wear some “green” and keep themselves pinch-proof!! You can make this Lucky Clover T-shirt craft in one step- make it tonight and wear it tomorrow!!
Disclosure: some links below are affiliate links.
- tee shirt
- Tulip Glitter Fabric Spray paint in gold
- Tulip Spray Dye -Green
- Small paper heart doilies (available at the grocery store)
- Krylon Easy-Tack Repositionable Spray
- scrap paper and scissors
Make sure you’ve got some newspapers or plastic bags handy to catch any overspray and protect your work surface. It’s also nice to have a piece of cardboard- the cereal box kind is fine- to put inside the t-shirts to keep the spray from seeping through.
Start off by peeling off 4 paper heart doilies (or cut your own) and spray them with the repositionable adhesive spray. Arrange them in a 4-leaf clover. Using your scissors and scrap paper, cut a “j”shape to act as the shamrock stem. Spray that with the adhesive spray and place on the tee as well.
Using the green Fabric spray, mist the front of the tee shirt well. Here’s a tip: if you depress the nozzle about halfway, you’ll get splatters- a full pump of the nozzle gives you a mist. I like a bit of both!
Let your tee shirt dry a bit, then peel off the doilies to reveal the negative-space shamrock. Then go over the whole tee again, using the gold glitter fabric spray, especially on the shamrock area.
Let dry for 4 hours before wearing, and wait 72 hours before washing- and you’re ready to go to the parade.
We made t-shirts last year too-here’s a pic of one I made for my son:
And here’s this year’s shirt for D- this one has full instructions, too:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018