While on snowy days like these it may be hard to remember why I live in Northeast Ohio, there are some distinct perks- on is living thisclose to Avon, Ohio, which is were Duck Tape World Headquarters is located! ShurTech Brands (the parent company) actually has it’s manufacturing plant down south, but it’s at the Avon facility where they cut the big spools of Duck tape into sheets, rolls, and now Ducklings (minis.) Last month I was invited to tour the factory and meet Michelle Lesniak of Project Runway!
There were SO many cool dresses and suits… I was a little overwhelmed! But I made sure to take the pic above because I think if you weren’t aware that they were made of Duck Tape you wouldn’t automatically know that they were. (PS- these were the ones made by Project Runway contestants!)
Then we had a little preso of the Stuck At Prom program that Duck Tape has run for 14 years! They now give away $50,000 in prizes, including scholarships for both the winners, runners-up, and their schools! This year the contest runs from March 10-May 23 2014, so if you know a high-schooler that is interested there is plenty of time to get cracking! You can find information and the rules at StuckAtProm.com.
Then we got to meet Michelle Lesniak, the winner of both the Duck Tape challenge AND the entire season 11 of Project Runway. She graciously answered questions about Project Runway, her collaboration with Duck Tape (she’s a judge for the Stuck at Prom contest) and even spring fashion.
(Yes, this is a selfie.)
And by the way, she’s predicting purples and yellows as a color palette, oversize plaids and flannels, and a return to the ‘grunge’ look from the 90’s. So, um, okay.
We also got a goodie box of Duck Tape products to take home and play with. I also got a second box for one lucky reader!
Wanna see what’s inside?
Click the blue link to get the widget to pop up and get entering!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017