My little girl is a full-on Doctor Who super fan. She watches the shows obsessively and had started requesting more clothing and craft projects that center around the Tardis, sonic screwdrivers, weeping angels and daleks! So be prepared, folks- there will be more Doctor Who crafts showing up here soon. 🙂
But back to today’s project. We were attending a Doctor Who live event at our local movie theater and she needed some shoes to accent her Tardis Dress from Hot Topic- so I made her some Wibbley-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Galaxy Shoes!
These really only took me about a half an hour to paint- and really, it’s not that hard.
There are some items you’ll need. I have a list below with some handy affiliate shopping links. If you click through and purchase, I do make a small commission. Thank you in advance!
- Black Canvas Shoes (Rhinestones optional)
- Acrylic paint in light blue, dark blue, light purple, dark purple, pink, white, and glitter paint.
- Old Toothbrush
- Opaque Paint Marker
- Cosmetic Sponges
You’ll just need a little dab of each color- and it’s perfectly OK to mix colors as you go. I started with a light blue, sponged on some darkly blue, added and bit of purple, and continued to mix and dab until it looked mottled. You can then add a bit of pink and light purple to create the “nebulae” and let it all dry.
Add the constellations by using the toothbrush and spattering on the white paint and the glitter paint. Use a toothpick to draw some star-rays and if you feel like it, affix some rhinestones to make your own glittery galaxy!
Once everything is dry, use the paint marker to write some quotes from YOUR favorite Doctor. My daughter asked for “Allons-y!”
We also made some Resin Tardis Charms and used a jewelry glue to affix those.
I made you a video so you can see just how I did it….but there really is no right way or wrong way. Have fun with it!
Here are a few more pictures of my favorite Whovian modeling her new kicks!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018