I’ve tried and reviewed the Wink Of Stella and Wink of Luna Markers here on CTD, and truthfully, they are lovely. They add a lovely glittery shine as a topcoat and for the holidays they are perfect.
Except I left mine behind in our big move… all my Winks, left behind.
(Cue the dramatic scream: :”NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”)
So what is a CraftTestDummy to do? Make her own, of course.
I recently reviewed the Delicata metallic ink pads, and I was particularly smitten with the White Shimmer Ink Pad. Since the Delicata is a water-based ink, I thought I’d see if I could dilute it and use it as a shimmer glaze.
YES, YOU CAN! And a whole lot more, as it turns out. And you only need:
- Metallic Stamp Pad (l like Delicata, but you can use one you have on-hand
- waterbrush or fine line paintbrush
- acrylic block or recycled clamshell plastic for a palette
And if you are REALLY fancy (which I am, I can’t lie) you can also use a dye based stamp pad like the Distress Pads to add color- so BOOM, you can make Wink of Luna markers, too- all in custom colors that you have on-hand.
Take a look!
I love that I can customize my favorite stamp pads into shimmer glazes. And as I mentioned on the video, I know that you can do a lot with mica powders or liquid inks, but why fuss around when you can use something you probably have on-hand?? I like “cheap and cheerful”, as they say!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017