I’ve tried and reviewed the Wink Of Stella and Wink of Luna Markers here on CTD, and truthfully, they are lovely. They add a lovely glittery shine as a topcoat and for the holidays they are perfect.
Except I left mine behind in our big move… all my Winks, left behind.
(Cue the dramatic scream: :”NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”)
So what is a CraftTestDummy to do? Make her own, of course.
I recently reviewed the Delicata metallic ink pads, and I was particularly smitten with the White Shimmer Ink Pad. Since the Delicata is a water-based ink, I thought I’d see if I could dilute it and use it as a shimmer glaze.
YES, YOU CAN! And a whole lot more, as it turns out. And you only need:
- Metallic Stamp Pad (l like Delicata, but you can use one you have on-hand
- waterbrush or fine line paintbrush
- acrylic block or recycled clamshell plastic for a palette
And if you are REALLY fancy (which I am, I can’t lie) you can also use a dye based stamp pad like the Distress Pads to add color- so BOOM, you can make Wink of Luna markers, too- all in custom colors that you have on-hand.
Take a look!
I love that I can customize my favorite stamp pads into shimmer glazes. And as I mentioned on the video, I know that you can do a lot with mica powders or liquid inks, but why fuss around when you can use something you probably have on-hand?? I like “cheap and cheerful”, as they say!
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018