DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments
A while ago I bought some little paper flower embellishments.They had a cute sheet-music print on them and were perfect for so many of the tags I make for the One Little Tag Craft Challenge on Facebook. the paper flower embellies had a glue dot on the back and were in black and white.
Since I’m a gal who likes color, I usually painted them with some kind of watercolors to make them match the project. Here, for example, is one of my tags I made with quilled paper flower embellishments.
She how lovely they are with some color?? ::sigh:: Of course, the time came that I used up my stash. And since I’m a lazy crafter, I threw away the packaging- OY!
So what’s a gal to do, but to make her own? And really, it’s just BASIC quilling. Like, super basic. As in, “Can you cut a spiral? Good. ‘Cuz you’re done” kind of basic.
- copy of sheet music on text-weight paper
- hot glue gun & stick
- quilling tool (you can make one, I’ll share that video at the end)
- awl or toothpick or skewer
- watercolor paints and a brush- I love the Fireworks ink sprays for this!
I made you a little video to show you just how!
It really is easy and fun- and you can vary the size of the flowers so you get more customization and variety. And you can play with different prints, too– maybe some cool bible pages or latin text?? it’s really just the *hint* of a pattern that take them to a new level.
Here are a few more tags that are bagged up and ready to abandon!
And I mentioned a home-made quilling tool. If you have a wine cord and a plastic coffee stirrer, you can make this in a jiffy!!
So now you have some excellent reasons to get crafting today- you’ll save yourself a TON on pre-purchased embellishment with this DIY quilled paper flowers hack! Have fun!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017