Today I have a little fun tutorial for you- how to use Fireworks Ink Sprays like Distress Oxide Stamp pads!
So let’s backtrack a second, and let me clarify. I while back Sara reviewed Distress Oxide Stamp pads for CTD, and one of the amazing properties of the ink is that it’s a unique hybrid. It’s got pigment AND dye-based ink properties. That means that you can layer colors on top of each other without them getting muddied and brown.
The result is a cool layered or “patina” look.
So while I was playing around with my Fireworks Ink Sprays from Imagine Crafts, I realized that I could actually DO THE SAME THING WITH THESE SPRAYS! And there is SHIMMER! Cowabunga!
You can add layer on layer on layer and it NEVER GOES MUDDY- plus you get the look of shimmer “marbling” from when you pick the spray up off of the mat.
Take a look!
And while I don’t have all of the colors of Distress Oxide, I do have a nice collection of the Fireworks Ink Sprays, and I looooooove the colors and the shine.
Basically, the technique is the same-
- Spray one or more colors on a craft mat, slightly overlapping.
- “Dip” your tag into the color(s.)
- Dry with a heat tool.
I did a live Periscope sharing a bit about the Fireworks Ink Sprays and a live demo of how I layered and finished my tags. I edited that down to this 6:30 video!
I’m beyond giddy with this technique and I’ve been having a hard time getting myself to stop!
If you want to try, Amazon has 3-packs of sprays for under $15: http://amzn.to/2rFfT5a (aff link)
I hope you have as much fun as I did!
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017