Today I have a little fun tutorial for you- how to use Fireworks Ink Sprays like Distress Oxide Stamp pads!
So let’s backtrack a second, and let me clarify. I while back Sara reviewed Distress Oxide Stamp pads for CTD, and one of the amazing properties of the ink is that it’s a unique hybrid. It’s got pigment AND dye-based ink properties. That means that you can layer colors on top of each other without them getting muddied and brown.
The result is a cool layered or “patina” look.
So while I was playing around with my Fireworks Ink Sprays from Imagine Crafts, I realized that I could actually DO THE SAME THING WITH THESE SPRAYS! And there is SHIMMER! Cowabunga!
You can add layer on layer on layer and it NEVER GOES MUDDY- plus you get the look of shimmer “marbling” from when you pick the spray up off of the mat.
Take a look!
And while I don’t have all of the colors of Distress Oxide, I do have a nice collection of the Fireworks Ink Sprays, and I looooooove the colors and the shine.
Basically, the technique is the same-
- Spray one or more colors on a craft mat, slightly overlapping.
- “Dip” your tag into the color(s.)
- Dry with a heat tool.
I did a live Periscope sharing a bit about the Fireworks Ink Sprays and a live demo of how I layered and finished my tags. I edited that down to this 6:30 video!
I’m beyond giddy with this technique and I’ve been having a hard time getting myself to stop!
If you want to try, Amazon has 3-packs of sprays for under $15: http://amzn.to/2rFfT5a (aff link)
I hope you have as much fun as I did!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017