Everyone wants to know what is the difference between Ranger’s Distress Crayons and Faber-Castell Gelatos? I am not endorsing one over the other, but you should know that there are some differences in colors, pigment content, and packaging that might influence your purchasing decision.
Disclosure: samples were provided by both companies for review purposes. Opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the products.
Well, I show you here in SIX MINUTES and 10 examples of how they are the same…and different!
Here are those photos again:
So here’s my takeaways:
- Gelatos have more opaque color
- Gelatos blend more
- Gelatos work better on dark/black surfaces
- Gelatos give you more product for less money
- Gelatos have more colors and include pearls and metallics in the line
- Distress Crayons match other Distress products
- Distress Crayons apply very smoothly
- Distress Crayons have a nice easy-grip pen-style package
- Distress Crayons “move” less and layer well
- Distress Crayons remove more easily on gesso’d surfaces
And while prices vary, on Amazon.com 18 Distress Crayons sell for $37, while 12 Gelatos sell for $19.99. That makes them approximately $3 each for Distress, while Gelatos are a thrifty $1.60 each. And there is more product inside! So if you are thrifty, Gelatos may be the best bet for you- but if you are a Distress fan, you are going to want these colors in your craft box!
What do you think? Which product is right for you?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018