I have long been a fan of the Delicata metallic stamp pads from Imagine Crafts- their silver and gold have been a staple in my craft room. Recently, they added four new colors to the line: black shimmer, white shimmer, dark brown shimmer and celestial copper to the line-up. Let’s take a look at how they work on dark and light surfaces!
Disclosure: these stamp pads were provided for review purposes, but my opinion is hones ad my own, based on my first-hand experience with the product. Links below may include affiliate links that incur no added cost to you but provide CTD with revenue to create new content. Thank you!
Here’s how they are described on the Imagine Crafts website:
Delicata is the latest generation of metallic inkpad. Remarkably true and bright, it outshines other inkpads and provides stamping results that resemble the true effects of gold and silver leafing without the mess. Great for the holidays and for year-round bling. These pads feature a substantially raised inkpad surface to accommodate even the largest stamps without interference from the inkpad case. Water-based, acid-free and archival.
I created a six-minute video to show you exactly how they work. I have some still photos and bullet points for you after!
These are really wonderful inks- Delicata metallic stamp pads are pigment-based, yet crisp, can be diluted with water (stay tuned for a cool hack video) and emboss beautifully. I really love them!
- lovely colors- six now in all
- dark brown looks a little like rose gold on black paper
- white shimmer shows up GREAT on dark paper (see my “Best White Stamp Pad” post HERE to see my other picks)
- easy to find in retail stores and online
- really shimmery!
- reasonable price point
- Like many pigment pads, they can take a while to dry. Be careful of smudging OR heat-set.
- There aren’t more colors. (SERIOUSLY, I need a TEAL shimmer pad NOW. Or Olive. Can I have more colors, please??)
And wait till you see how I use these with my water brush! (I know, I’m a tease.) Stay tuned!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017