As crafters, we are always on the hunt for the perfect black stamp pad- one that is truly black; creates a crisp image; doesn’t disappear with our watercolors AND doesn’t smudge or bleed with our Copic/alcohol markers. Since my epic “best black stamp pad for coloring” review years ago (!), I pretty much was content with my Memento Tuxedo Black or My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink.
But back in April when I was at Adventures in Stamping in Ohio, I ran into the owner of Dare 2B Artzy and she insisted I try out their TOTALLY BLACK. Stamp pad. I’ve been using it for over a month now, and I want to share my findings with you!
Disclosure: samples provided for review purposes only. My opinions are honest and my own, and based on first-hand experience with the product. Some links contained in the post are affiliate links.
Now let’s review the high points:
- Stays permanent with water based markers, pencils, and paints.
- Stays permanent with alcohol-based markers!
- Dries on vellum.
- Stamps crisply on fabric/ribbon (I have not check for washability.)
- NOT juicy enough for embossing.
The only “ding” I have is the lid- it is consistently hard to remove when I’m working. I get that it makes the seal airtight and the ink juicy- but frankly the lid is a pain. But I’m willig to deal with it if I get this awesome dark black ink! I’m now on the hunt for a reinker!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017