As crafters, we are always on the hunt for the perfect black stamp pad- one that is truly black; creates a crisp image; doesn’t disappear with our watercolors AND doesn’t smudge or bleed with our Copic/alcohol markers. Since my epic “best black stamp pad for coloring” review years ago (!), I pretty much was content with my Memento Tuxedo Black or My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink.
But back in April when I was at Adventures in Stamping in Ohio, I ran into the owner of Dare 2B Artzy and she insisted I try out their TOTALLY BLACK. Stamp pad. I’ve been using it for over a month now, and I want to share my findings with you!
Disclosure: samples provided for review purposes only. My opinions are honest and my own, and based on first-hand experience with the product. Some links contained in the post are affiliate links.
Now let’s review the high points:
- Stays permanent with water based markers, pencils, and paints.
- Stays permanent with alcohol-based markers!
- Dries on vellum.
- Stamps crisply on fabric/ribbon (I have not check for washability.)
- NOT juicy enough for embossing.
The only “ding” I have is the lid- it is consistently hard to remove when I’m working. I get that it makes the seal airtight and the ink juicy- but frankly the lid is a pain. But I’m willig to deal with it if I get this awesome dark black ink! I’m now on the hunt for a reinker!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017