As crafters, we are always on the hunt for the perfect black stamp pad- one that is truly black; creates a crisp image; doesn’t disappear with our watercolors AND doesn’t smudge or bleed with our Copic/alcohol markers. Since my epic “best black stamp pad for coloring” review years ago (!), I pretty much was content with my Memento Tuxedo Black or My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink.
But back in April when I was at Adventures in Stamping in Ohio, I ran into the owner of Dare 2B Artzy and she insisted I try out their TOTALLY BLACK. Stamp pad. I’ve been using it for over a month now, and I want to share my findings with you!
Disclosure: samples provided for review purposes only. My opinions are honest and my own, and based on first-hand experience with the product. Some links contained in the post are affiliate links.
Now let’s review the high points:
- Stays permanent with water based markers, pencils, and paints.
- Stays permanent with alcohol-based markers!
- Dries on vellum.
- Stamps crisply on fabric/ribbon (I have not check for washability.)
- NOT juicy enough for embossing.
The only “ding” I have is the lid- it is consistently hard to remove when I’m working. I get that it makes the seal airtight and the ink juicy- but frankly the lid is a pain. But I’m willig to deal with it if I get this awesome dark black ink! I’m now on the hunt for a reinker!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018