The Crystal Katana setting tool by the Crystal Ninja was another one of those “Hot 20” products I saw as a judge at the CHA 2014 Conference. I thought, “OK, that’s nice, but it’s a one-trick pony.” Until I needed to place some little rhinestones and I lost a dozen because they keep flipping out of my tweezers. And I dropped a ga-jillion flat-backed pearls wrong side up in my glue. I cracked open the Crystal Katana and now I’m sold.
Here’s how it’s described on the Amazon.com website:
Improve your “blinging” skills! This “Patent Pending” Crystal Katana by CrystalNinja was created by award winning Flatback Specialist and master user, Kellie DeFries and proven to shave time off the process of hand setting-gluing Swarovski Flatbacks, ss05-ss40. Do you use regular beeswax, but too soft, leaves residue? Tweezers cramp your hands and fling crystals across the room? Do other china markers/grease pens break, chip, and leave extra residue on crystals? Have you noticed the taller, sharper table facet of the gorgeous #2058 Swarovski Elements shredding other pickers and tips to smithereens? Me too. My answer to this madness, The Patent Pending, Crystal Katana.
Let’s take a look:
It’s a lightweight barrel (bamboo?) with two nibs- one, a dark tip made of wax (??) or some such slightly- grabby material, and the other end is a metal barrel. It’s a lot like a ball point pen with the nib retracted.
It’s very lightweight and fits easily in the hand.
My package also came with a sculpting-like tool. (Shown in the video.)
The Crystal Katana is so low-tech it’s almost laughable. Just lightly touch the black tip to whatever you want to place (right side up) and it sticks. Like magic, it is!
I make you a little video of it in action, just so you can see for yourself!
So now you can see for yourself how it works. Do you difficulty picking up itsy bitsy peices? What do you use to help?
Disclosure- sample provided for review. Link below is an affiliate link.
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017