Just goes to show you that the DIY crafty mentality is everywhere– even the shoe kiosk at your mall! I was trotting around with the kiddos and ran across a Crocs kiosk; and since girlie-girl is growing out of hers, it was time for a school pair.
Lo and Behold! FREE with purchase we got a “Croc-a-Doodles” art set, to DECORATE YOUR OWN SHOES. How much do I love this? The kit comes with 3 markers, 4 fabric paints, some stencils and a little sponge for pouncing. The box says that the paint is washable, too, if you want to remove your art later. Good to know that you can’t send your Crocs through the machine and expect your paint to come through unscathed!
And of course, there is a contest associated with it. The age categories are ages 0-6, 7-12, and 13-16. (I’m DEVESTATED that there is no adult category…but maybe next year. )But you’d better get cracking, because the contest is over on August 31st, 2009.
In any event, I consider this a win-win-win: get some shoes for school, get some crafty goodness, and keep your kiddos occupied decorating their shoes for a half-hour or so whileÂ Mama drinks her java in peace. Craft on!
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017