So if you are anything at all like me, you love your Cricut!Â I can do amazing things with my Cricut like cutting fabric, cutting paper, cutting fun foam, cutting chipboard, cutting vellum, cutting, cutting, cutting….well, you get the idea!Â While cutting is a blast, did you know there is a product created by a separate company called CRI-kits that you can use to draw with your Cricut?
So just what are CRI-kits?Â Follow along and I will show you…
You can purchase 4 different CRI-kits:
Here is what the package says:
All kits come with 10 medium point gel pens (40 colors available)
MagneticÂ pen hlder/carrier available only in kits labeled: Complete kit withÂ carrier.
Lifetime warranty on Gel Pen Carrier
No tools necessary to remove pens.Â Pens are held magnetically in carrier for quick and easy changes.
No moving parts, nothing to wear out.
So time to take these CRI-kit gel pens forÂ a test run.Â First I load the purple glitter pen into theÂ carrier.Â Very easy and the magnet grabs right on to my pen and pulls it up, holding it securely.Â Next I load it in to my swing arm holder on my Cricut securing it snugly inside the arm.Â I choose an image and press cut.Â Presto!Â The image is drawn on theÂ paper.Â I also tried the dark pink color as well.Â Â You can see both imagesÂ above and both haveÂ very nice even and smooth lines.
So hereÂ isÂ what I think overallÂ after taking this set forÂ a test run-
- Lots of colors available
- MagneticÂ feature isÂ easy and works well
- I like the fact there is glitter, swirl, neon, regular and metallic
- TheyÂ are sold in kits with or without the carrier
- The carrierÂ seems durable
- Give a nice even image
- If purchasing sets of pens alone the price point is fairly decent
- The price seems a little steepÂ for the sets that contain the carrier (Kits with carrier MSRP $29.99 USD. The pen-only kits are $9.99 USD.)
Overall I believe this is a fun product to use along with your Cricut.Â Quite a bit of variety, draws well, and is easy to use!Â So what will you make with your CRI-kits pens?
- CRI-Kits Product Review - November 15, 2010
- Paper Crafts Reivew: Tada Creative Studios (Something New!) - October 26, 2010
- Craft Product Review: Clearsnap Designer Foils - October 4, 2010
- Smooch by ClearSnap! - September 8, 2010
- Craft Embellishments by Prima: Flowers - September 1, 2010
- Craft Embellishments by Prima: Crystals - August 30, 2010
- Epiphany Crafts Button Studio Review - August 12, 2010