Hey Crafty Friends! This week I have a special treat- I’m taking you with me on my trip to London and Paris. I tagged along with my husband while he was working, which is why we spent two nights in London, then two nights in Paris, then BACK to London to wrap up our trip. It was quite a whirlwind! I’m not sharing my trip chronologically, but rather how I’m unpacking my goodies.
In each of these posts you’ll learn about the place I went, why it was on my agenda, what I purchased, and something I’ve made with my purchases. Hopefully, this will add some extra value to you & inspire you to get crafting or card making no matter where you are or whether or not you’ll ever travel to these places.
So… that being said…. let’s start with our first location- John Lewis in London.
This map is live and interactive- so you can find directions from where you are and “look around” the area.
I took a load of photos and some short videos at John Lewis and turned into this 6-minute video. Before you watch, I just want to reiterate that you CAN shop online from John Lewis and see the prices in USD (or pPounds, our Euros, depending on where you are.) According to the website, John Lewis ships in Europe and to the US! So if you can’t live without some of the things you see here, you can have them too. And by the way- this is not a sponsored post and there are no affiliate links- just sharing because I thought you might find it helpful and interesting.
And let’s take another look at the finished cards I made with that LOVELY tissue!
So as I mentioned in the video, there are a couple of techniques here that are worth revisiting. One is making your own washi tape using the Xyron!
(Head’s up- a few affiliate links follow!)
The premise is simple- you take tissue paper or thin wrapping paper- the cheap stuff from the dollar store is the best- and then run it through a Xyron sticker maker. (Alternatively, you can use double stick adhesive sheets like Stick It or even Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive sheets. Whatever you have or can find! Anyway, I made this video quite a while ago but it’s still a good technique to try. Here’s the video I made waaaaaay back in 2011!
Now that you’ve made your washi tape, you can make some 2-for-1 cards. I love that you can make two cards in under 10 minutes, and embellish them however you like. A classic design is evergreen! And of course, I have a video for you on that right here! It’s only a few minutes long and you can get a few ideas!
There are so many pretty variations on this design and you save time- it’s a real winner!
SO…. stay tuned for the next installment where I share with you my experiences in Paris at Le BHV- what a store THAT is. I’d also love your thoughts on the John Lewis store, making washi, or this card design. Leave me a comment!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017