We’ve been making these little tempting treats for our holiday parties for years now…but they don’t seem to have a name! Our family just calls them “those little chocolate nummies” and we all know exactly what they are- and what they are is GOOD!
They are so easy to make and wonderful to package up for little hostess gifts, too! Or you can make up a batch with the kiddos and have a tasty afternoon snack.
- “Window pane” shaped pretzels (often called “snaps”)
- 1 bag of white-chocolate Make-N-Mold candies, your choice of color
- candy cane, M & M’s, and/or walnuts to garnish
It’s so simple! Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Place your pretzels in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Top each pretzel with one Candy Melt. (I chose red because it was festive!)
Place the tray in the oven for 5-10 minutes. in the meanwhile, crush the peppermint stick with a spoon.
When the candy goes glossy, it’s melted and ready to be pulled out. Don’t let them overheat in there!
Pull the tray from the oven and – carefully- they will be hot!- place a walnut half, crushed peppermint candy, or a single M & M in the top. Push down gently so that the garnish will be anchored in the melted chocolate.
Next, let cool completely. Place them in a nice little box like the ones from ConsumerCrafts, and all you need is a little tag and some curling ribbon and you’ve got a sweet gift for someone special. Or line them up on a pretty glass plate and bring them to the office or party.
Have a batch handy for last minutes gifts and drop-in guests. Enjoy!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018