This is the last installment of my crafty field trip to Europe, which I took in October 2017. I have some great posts about John Lewis, Le BHV, Liberty of London, and Blade Rubber for you to read, too! (Yeah, I packed a LOT into a week!)
But now let’s get to my Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from fabric district at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France.
This area is basically at the foot of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. I was heading there to meet one of our AFS student friends, and I discovered this fabric Mecca quite by chance.
By the way, this map is interactive and will share directions depending on where *you* are.
This area is JAM PACKED with fabric, trim, and button shops! Take a look at this video I created:
Did you see the word “coupon” on some of the signs? I was flummoxed! But I did a bit of research and found out….
One word you will see in many of these shops is “coupon.” This is a conjugation of the French verb “couper,” which translates to “cut” or “cut off” in English. In French, this is the word for a small cut, or remnant, though here you will find that a “coupon” is typically around three yards—much larger than what most consider a remnant size.
So, if you’d like to check out a few of the stores I mentioned:
And here’s a great link on a guide to fabric shopping in the area: https://www.seamwork.com/issues/2015/11/the-seamworkers-guide-to-paris and Yelp has a great guide here: https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=african+fabric+stores&find_loc=Paris
And oh, yes– here’s that little earbud case I made with my fabric treasures.
And if you’d like to see my inspiration for this earbud case, check out this easy tutorial:
In the meanwhile… I bought a gazillion zippers…. so guess what everyone is getting for Christmas???
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017