This is the last installment of my crafty field trip to Europe, which I took in October 2017. I have some great posts about John Lewis, Le BHV, Liberty of London, and Blade Rubber for you to read, too! (Yeah, I packed a LOT into a week!)
But now let’s get to my Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from fabric district at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France.
This area is basically at the foot of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. I was heading there to meet one of our AFS student friends, and I discovered this fabric Mecca quite by chance.
By the way, this map is interactive and will share directions depending on where *you* are.
This area is JAM PACKED with fabric, trim, and button shops! Take a look at this video I created:
Did you see the word “coupon” on some of the signs? I was flummoxed! But I did a bit of research and found out….
One word you will see in many of these shops is “coupon.” This is a conjugation of the French verb “couper,” which translates to “cut” or “cut off” in English. In French, this is the word for a small cut, or remnant, though here you will find that a “coupon” is typically around three yards—much larger than what most consider a remnant size.
So, if you’d like to check out a few of the stores I mentioned:
And here’s a great link on a guide to fabric shopping in the area: https://www.seamwork.com/issues/2015/11/the-seamworkers-guide-to-paris and Yelp has a great guide here: https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=african+fabric+stores&find_loc=Paris
And oh, yes– here’s that little earbud case I made with my fabric treasures.
And if you’d like to see my inspiration for this earbud case, check out this easy tutorial:
In the meanwhile… I bought a gazillion zippers…. so guess what everyone is getting for Christmas???
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018