I know, we’re already well into the New Year, and I’m JUST getting around to posting my crafty resolutions. I really wanted to think about it for a while, though, and make sure I was putting together some real goals and objectives- things I could measure and achieve- instead of just some lofty whims that I would fail miserable on.
SO! That being said, I have three Crafty Goals for 2011. Isn’t three a nice round number??
- “Handmade, everyday.” Ok, this is more of a motto, but it’s a good one. I plan to wear, make, use, or buy handmade EVERY DAY in 2011. This may mean wearing my own handmade jewelry, using my handmade candles and cosmetics, buying handmade items to replace commercially produced ones, and/or make my own handmade items to use and give. No more “saving” my handmade goodies for special occasions! Handmade EVERY DAY!
- Journal weekly. I have multiple journals for multiple uses…but somehow I’ve gotten away from making a point to get into a journal to sketch ideas, make lists, paste samples….and sometimes just scribble in frustration. (Yes, you can just scribble in frustration. It’s good for you.) So, thanks to my pals at ecosystem notebooks, I have really GOOD ones to use, and of course some really great Derwent Pencils & Metallics to encourage me. Having fun materials to use doesn’t hurt. And I’m going to put my journal & pencils into a little pouch to keep in my purse/totebag, so I have them on hand when I’m waiting for kids at practices, riding in the car etc.
- Artist Dates Monthly. I took this concept from Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way book- (and by the way, Morning Pages are not for me.) But I love the idea of taking myself out for a “date” to feed my creative spirit. I’m already planning to take a class with my sister, a trip to the art museum, and a tour of the indie craft shops in my area. Being a busy wife, mom, crafter, and blogger, just going out to have fun kinda gets lost in the shuffle. Monthly Artist Dates should perk me up and refresh my spirit quite a bit!
There you have it… a plan for every day, every week, every month. I’m really looking forward to 2011 and my crafty adventures!Â What are YOUR crafty goals for this year? Want to play along & use some of mine? Let me hear from you!
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017