At CHA last winter, bloggers were invited to hold a craft party by Elmer’s. They promised to send us a big box of craft supplies to use and even more to hand out to our guests! Never one to turn down craft goodies OR a party, I signed right up!
I held my party on March 19th, one day before my birthday. (It was also a great excuse to start my birthday celebration early.) I set up the products they sent me, which included
- Elmer’s Painters (I reviewed those here)
- Elmer’s Gel Pens
- Elmer’s Tape and Dot runners
- Elmer’s Glue Sticks
- Elmer’s Craft Glue
- Elmer’s Photo Corners
- X-Acto Retractable craft blades
- X-Acto Designer Series Swivel Craft blades (I reviewed those here.)
- X-Acto Circle Cutters
- X-Acto Paper Trimmer
- X-Acto Scissors AND
- Foamcore board
If that sounds like a lot of goodies,Â it was! I decided we could best showcase the products they sent by making shrines or nichos. I had just been in the Southwest and I saw a lot of Mexican influences, and house shrines there to get me inspired. I offered cardboard nichos, scrapbook papers, rhinestones, fibers, and a box of found objects I’ve been collecting forever.
I’ve made a little Smilebox slideshow to share the pictures with you:
|Create your own digital scrapbook|
I had SUCH a lovely time with my crafty guests, and was truly inspired by what they made. There is now talk of making “Craft Night” a semi-regular event!
Thanks so much to Elmer’sÂ for sponsoring this event!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018