Ah, New Year. A time that we all turn over new leaves…. losing weight stopping smoking… or, if you are a crafter, a time to look at projects past and come up with ideas for the new year.
I posted my Crafty Resolutions for 2011, and I thought I’d recap them with you- and also evaluate what ones I was successful at, and which fell FLAT.
- 2011 Goal #1: Handmade, Everyday. I met this one about 90% of the time. I tried to wear, use, or make something by hand everyday. Some days that was using lotion & soaps made by local artists, some days it was wearing hand-crafted earrings, some day it was making in my studio. This was a subtle mindshift for me, too: I did a mental check when I got dressed, when I went to shopping, even when I made dinner! (I have some wonderful hand-made dish cloths, and YES, I chose to use those first!) Now Handmade, Everydayis part of my way of looking at life, and I’ll be continuing it in 2012.
- 2011 Goal #2: Journal Weekly: This was a little more difficult for me…there was a few months over the summer that I barely cracked my journal open. But I last fall I did participate in an online class (which I’ll be sharing soon) that DID jumpstart me! I’m averaging 2-3 times per week now, and hope to continue it.
- 2011 Goal #3: Artitst Date Monthly: I think I might have made this goal by mistake! I didn’t plan too many artist dates, but if I count CHA, trips to my LSS for a fun class, lunches with my CBFF Vicki, I think I did get good replenishment time!
Not bad! Now, as I look toward 2012, I want to add some new goals to build on my good habits.
- 2012 Goal #1: Use it up. (Daily.) Like many crafters, I have a stockpile of lovely paper, fabric, ribbons….and so much I just hold on to, waiting for the “perfect project.” I want to USE my lovely supplies, see them in great projects, and maybe even make room for some new stuff!Â I’m going to kick-start this goal with a swap I’ve organized with a like-minded friend. We’re going to make a quilt block a week and swap them, so we’ll each have enough to make a bed quilt at the end of the year.
- 2012 Goal #2: Spread some handmade joy.(Weekly) I love getting mail and little Random Acts of Kindness- it really transforms my day!Â So this year, every week I’m going to take some time to send a homemade card, letter, ATC, or bag of ephemera to someone. I’m hoping to reconnect with friends, put some smiles on the faces of strangers, and feed the Karma Meter while I’m at it.
- 2012 Goal #3: Make my own art. (Monthly) Somewhere last year, in working for clients, working on reviews, and generally being over-busy, I forgot that I need to make some art that tells my own stories. That’s the main reason I started crafting- because I had some stories to tell. I certainly need to make time to nurture my own art and honor my own stories…. and keep you all informed and entertained, too!
So there they are…. let’s get cracking! Feel free to share some of YOUR crafty resolutions for 2012 in the comments section!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018