Here’s a sweet little decoupage craft that is right in time for the summer- after all, summer at our house means bike rides, sports, outdoor play…and boo-boos!
You can use any cardboard box you might have saved from the trash or a paper mache purse from the craft store.
Everyone needs a boo-boo box at hand for little emergencies!
So, here’s what I did: I took some pretty scrapbook paper and cut the following:
- 2 pieces for the top and bottom (trace these and cut about 1/8 smaller than your traced line.)
- 1 piece for the bottom edge
- 2 pieces for the sides
I decoupaged them all using Mod Podge Matte.
Decoupage all of your scrapbook paper on the box.
As you can see, my Craft-N-Spin really came in handy on this project! Read my review of it HERE.
To help tie it all together, I used my Worn Lipstick Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad & rubbed over the edges and areas not covered with scrapbook paper. I really feel like it’s the ink that unifies it all.
Then I used an unmounted rubber stamp and some Archival Ink to stamp on the swirls.
I cut some Nestabilities dies with my Cuttlebug to make the label, and my “Typewriter Keys” Stamp set to put the title on. I decoupaged all of this with Mod Podge, because I know this little box will get some wear and tear, and don’t want to risk ripping off the label. This is also why I chose not to have any 3-d elements.
I did add a little “pop” with some Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on my stamped letters- in person, they almost look like epoxy stickers! I love Dimensional Magic, and if you like, read my review HERE.
I finished it off with a little Stickles to add a bit of contrast color and sparkle. Because, you know, when you’ve got a boo-boo you need a little sparkle to cheer you up!
Here’s what the bottom looks like- also cute!
So now, fill your boo-boo box with adhesive bandages from your kid’s favorite TV show, some gauze, antiseptic wash, hydrocortizone cream, and some antibiotic cream.
Disclosure: The scrapbooking papers and Mod Podge were given to me by ConsumerCrafts.com for use in designs I make for them on their awesome (!) blog, www.CraftsUnleashed.com.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018