Last week I took a vacation with my family to Florida. Funny, I’ve been there 5 times since December but haven’t had a chance to actually enjoy the sunshine! So of course I soaked up some rays, visited some theme parks, and took a field trip to a scrapbook store, Piktails!
(Side note: actually, we tried to visit TWO, but Scrappy Boutique closed it’s doors in January. We found out that it turned into an online-only retail venue the hard way- by visiting an empty storefront. But I digress.)
Here’s how it’s described on their website:
Piktails is your Orlando area Scrapbook Store! Here you’ll find thousands of the latest and greatest items for your scrapbooking, card making and paper crafting needs. Our top priority is satisfying our customers by providing quality products and friendly service. We can host birthday parties, girl scout projects, boy scout meetings, women’s club meetings, we have many ideas to personalize any gathering.
When my mom and I entered the store, we found a cozy shop chock-full of paper, stickers, and embellishments and the owners mother minding the store. (Later, we met two of her grandkids- so it’s a family affair!) Since we don’t have a local scrapbook store in our neck of the woods anymore, we spent a LOT of time oohing and ahhing over the paper selection.
The back half of the store was filled with long tables for crops an classes. There was a Silhouette Cameo set up as well as THREE Cricut Expressions and a huge library of cartridges available. I so wanted to just plop right down and craft along!
Instead, though, I did some shopping. I found some products I’d never seen before.
I made a haul video to show you and I’m going to be reviewing them next month.
Now, here is an interesting fact about Piktails. They sell a LOT of Silhouette Cameos….to crafters from Brazil! Apparently, it’s very hard to get over there and costs a fortune to have one shipped over with taxes and import fees. So, while Brazilian crafters are on vacation in Florida, they pop over to Piktails and pick one up to take home with them!!
My mom and I really enjoyed our field trip and the warmth and welcoming nature of the owner and her family. (Another interesting side note- they have family in Medina, just 40 minutes south of where I live in Ohio. Small world, right?)
You can be sure I’ll pop back in if I’m on that side of Florida!
THIS IS A NON-PAID/SPONSORED POST. I SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018