You all know that I love love love to travel- and part of the fun is finding a craft store (or two, or three!) while I’m there. Last week I was in New York City (Manhattan) in the Madison Square Park area, right by the historic Flatiron building.
We spent much of the week walking around and seeing sights- (I can share some of the architecture photos on another day, if you like.) But of course I had to take a bit of time to visit Paper Presentation, which is right down the street!
The store is HUGE for NYC- and I realized after I was in that I’d actually been there before with my pal Haley from TheZenOfMaking.com back a few years ago when I visited for the Martha Stewart Show. But it was still cool to “rediscover” the store.
Of course the wall of stencils just leapt out at me…. and I spotted quite a few from pal Julie Fei-Fan Balzer of Balzer Designs. (Didn’t even TRY to connect with her on this trip, but now that I have a “home base” there I certainly will reach out the next time.)
Also in this store is a gigantic party supply section and stationery. I loved these shaped sparklers! I couldn’t bring them home, but I’ll try to find them locally.
Hooray for kid’s crafts in the city! And lots of fun kits, books and even plushies.
Of course, I had to pick up a few things… so I made a little haul video for you!
Lots of fun! Do you craft shop when you travel?
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018