Sometimes you need to recharge your creative batteries with a change of scenery. For me, I like to got to museums, take nature walks, go thrifting, or visit some craft stores. Last Friday, my craft BFF Vicki O’Dell and I met up in the lovely Medina, Ohio to check out a bead shop, eat some lunch, and recharge those batteries together!
We met up and headed off to the Potomac Bead Shop– an amazingly renovated two-level storefront just off the square. The space was GORGEOUS- brick and wood and exposed ductwork. All of this made a lovely backdrop for beads, beads, and MORE BEADS.
The shop also offers a full calendar of classes- multiple daily! I was sorely tempted to sit down and take one, but there was more beads to see.
Again, the shops in Medina do an amazing job of making a fresh, welcoming space in historic buildings. As you can see, Vicki found something she couldn’t live without.
I was surprised to see a paint-you-own-pottery shop on the Medina square, too- and there were folks in happily painting away. We didn’t stop in, but made a mental note for the next time.
Don’t worry, though, crafty friends. I did find lots of beady goodness to take home with me. Like I mentioned, I was definitely drawn to to the blues and greens…and these Lava beads were too intriguing to pass up.
I cannot tell you how incredibly refreshing it was to A) spend some quality time with my bestie and B) walk the square in late summer splendor. (BUT…. the traffic situation with half of the square’s repaving project was not so bucolic! HA!) We are planning a follow-up visit later this fall after the asphalt cools. And in the meanwhile, you can bet that I’ve got a few ideas for those lovelies up there in that pic. More to come!
And please take a visit to Vicki O’Dell The Creative Goddess blog today to see the photos she took and her treasures!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018