I love a good road trip- especially one that leads me to crafts, antiques, recycled and upcycled goodies, and…um…lemonade. (I’m a sucker for fresh-squeezed lemonade. But I digress.) My crafty BFF Vicki O’Dell, the Creative Goddess invited me to take a ride with her and her cousin down the Ohio State Fairgrounds to check out the Country Living Fair. How could I refuse?
It was a sunny day, and after shelling out $5.00 for parking and $15.00 for entrance, we made our way in. (Parking was the pits, by the way. There was no rhyme or reason to it, and folks parked all willy-nilly. A pox on the parking company!)
The even was held at the Ohio Village in Columbus, right by the fairgrounds. There’s a historic “town” set up, and the CLFair was set up in and around that. However,Â the vendors were set up in tent booths. Just wanted to set the stage.
Now…we got there around 11:30AM on Saturday, and It. Was. CROWDED! The first round of the fair, we had to just peek into booths because there were lines just to get into them. AND it was a sunny day- the kind of day that when you are in the sun you are HOT, but in the shade it was actually a little chilly. Result? We got hot and cranky fast. Good thing there was so much eye candy to keep us mollified.
Of course, being Autumn, there were some awesome Halloween decorations to inspire:
I also saw a LOT of re-purposed Chenielle bedspreads. I mean a LOT. There were cakes and pillows and dresses and jackets, oh my!
Now, see that cute dress I’m holding up? Well, I didn’t buy THAT one, but I did by a different one by ThriftyTrixie.com and a swing top, too. They were just so cute I couldn’t resist! (PS- not the lemonade in my left hand? See. Told you. Sucker.)
Well, that’s probably enough for today, although I do have some more pictures to share. If you want a different perspective, head on over to The Creative Goddess’ blog- she took a different tack and looked at display ideas!
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017