Wow! In a whirl-wind trip from Sunday, October 2 over To Monday, October 3rd to 2011 I was in NYC for the Martha Stewart Show Craft Week. But you KNOW I had to take a few detours, too, to visit some crafty places and see some crafty faces!
Since the Martha Stewart Show studios are in the Fashion District I figured I’d stay there. (I’m a Hilton gal. Love me some Hiltons. The beds are the best. But I digress….)
So I checked into the hotel, were I saw this fabulous piece of art, a la Piet Mondrian.
Then, in my room, there was a quote about knitting. How right-at-home did I feel???
After I got settled,Â fan-tabulous Haley Pierson-Cox, a member of #TeamCTD and the bloggy mastermind behind The Zen of Making met me for a little field trip. We were going to make a bee line for dinner, but as we were walking we stumbled across a craft store called Paper Presentation. And like a tractor beam, it pulled me in!
And no, I could not get out empty-handed. See what goodies I bought:
But we weren’t quite done. As we were walking back, we found this art installment in a store front. The artist sits there for 3 hours every day and doodles on paper cups, then hangs them from the ceiling.
I also noticed that the supplies were from Faber Castel- Big Brush markers & Pitt Pens!
I love that you can have so much freedom and flexibility with an item that would otherwise be thrown in the trash.
Anyway, we wrapped the evening up early so that we could be fresh and chipper for the Martha Stewart Show the next morning. To read all about it, click here!
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017