(Read Part One of my adventure here, if you’ve missed it!)
So Monday, October 3rd was the big day- the day I got to go to the Martha Stewart Show as a “featured audience member!” They invited some of us crafty bloggers to come and blog/facebook/tweet live from the show.
Haley- my “plus-one” for this event- was already in line, wearing a hand-made rolled fabric hair clip and this AMAZING necklace designed by Vicki O Dell. (Haley commissioned Vicki to make it for her to wear to the Emmy’s.) It looked amazing!
So we shuffled in, checked our coats, and headed to the small waiting area where all the crafty bloggers were sitting. Immediately I ran into Simone Collins of FaveCrafts,- she and I had been on the show together before in March.
After we got situated on the set, we got to take a tour- so here are my on-set photos for you to enjoy. (Plus a few taken by Haley. That girl has my back.)
I also met Denice from Plaid Crafts (the makers of the Martha Stewart Paints) as well as the buyer from Michael’s Stores (where you can buy it exclusively!) That’s Alex from MSLO on the right.
So then we had to take our seats and get ready for the live show.
The next hour was a blur- watching the segments, clapping on cue, posting on Facebook and Twitter, just trying to keep up! (If you missed it the episode recap is here.) After it was all done, we got to go back up on the set, this time for a photo-op with Martha herself. (I’ll post that as soon as they send it!)
Then it was packing up and standing in line for our goodie bags. Here’s what was in mine:
After that, friends, I had a hot dog from a food truck (this WAS NYC, after all) and then decided to catch an early flight home. It was an amazing whirlwind-of-a-trip, but this crafty blogger was ready to get home and get back to crafting!
I’ll wrap up with two screen shots of the show…!
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017