Well, crafty friends, the holiday shopping frenzy is upon us! I am often asked for my recommendations for good crafty gifts. These are some of my picks from the things that is reviewed and/or used this year!
(For the whole review, click over to see the link and/0r review video. Also, links below to Amazon are affiliate links and CTD will make a few pennies as a result.)
Stocking Stuffers & under $25:
- Imagine Crafts Craft Mat. Everyone needs a good work surface! (review here)
- Clover Pin ‘n Stow Magnetic Wrist Pin Caddy Super-handy tool for the sewists in your life! (Review here.)
- Martha Stewart Crafts Scoring Board and Envelope Tool Still my favorite scoring board and there is the on-board insert for making envelopes. And now you can get it for under $12, so it’s SUCH a bargain! (Review here.)
- Adhesive Technologies Hybrid Multi Temp Cordless Gun I just realized I’ve never reviewed this one, but I love it and use it all the time. The main advantage is that it stands up on your table, increasing it’s visibility and makes it easier to grab (and fewer accidental burns!)
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Non-Stick Scissors You need a nice pair of scissors- and these ones from Westcott (under $11) are both comfy in the hands AND have great non-stick blades. I use them every day! (Review here.)
Kids Crafts and Kits:
- Cra Z Art CraZLoom Bracelet Maker Kit This is THE craze for the kids, tweens and teens right now. It’s also a great intro to following directions, looming, patterning with colors. Pretty cheap at under $20, too. (Review here.)
- Dimensions Needlecrafts Needle Felted Character Kit, Snowman Or choose another needle felting kit from Dimensions. The idea is that it’s a fun tactile craft with everything you need in one kit, and it’s great for ages 7 and up. Under $10. Review here.
- Creativity For Kids Make Your Own Cupcake Soaps This was one of those kits that I rolled my eyes at and my daughter LOVED. All the fun of modeling clay with the bonus of finished soaps you can use, gift, etc. Worth the $20. Review here.
- Perler Beads 6,000 Count Bucket-Multi Mix Sure, this is an oldie but a goodie. My daughter loves to make gifts using the shaped pegboards, while my son has taken to drafting his own designs based on MineCraft (!). You will need to supervise the ironing, but it’s good, creative fun for under $10. (Rainy day crafting, anyone?)
Crafter’s Ultimate Wish List
- Craftwell USA eBosser Embosser and Die Cutter This is my go-to machine now- electric, hands-free, and very compatible with MOST of the dies I use (Fiskars Fuse excepted.) Nice footprint, too. Under $200. (Review here.)
- Fiskars ProCision Trimmer A serious paper trimmer! Great for heavy-duty cutting and lots of thicknesses. This big bad boy has earned it’s place on my worktable. Under $70. Review here.
- Silhouette Portrait For those folks who don’t want to collect cartridges, this is my favorite digital die cutter. It’s smaller than the portrait, is lightweight, and easy to use with your computer. Plus you buy just the artwork you want when you want it- on demand! Review here.
- SliderWriter Laser Guide This tool appeals to those precision-oriented crafters who like things to LINE UP. Make them happy with this cool gadget. It wins over the competition because it’s adaptable for lefties and righties as well as offering angled laser lines. Under $60. Review here.
- We R Memory Keepers – 360 Crafter’s Bag This is an amazing crafty tote for traveling or storage. SO MANY POCKETS! Review here.
I’m sure you have some goodies on YOUR wish list, too! What are they? I’d love to hear, just leave me a comment. And to see what some of the most popular gifts were LAST year, check these guides out from 2012:
- Gift Guide for Mixed-Media Artists
- Gift Guide for Fiber Artists
- Gift Guide for Bakers
- Gift Guide for Jewelry Makers
- Gift Guide for Kid Crafters
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018