Here I am on the eve of Christmas Eve, planning out my New Year crafts! One of my resolutions is to use MORE of what I’d normally toss or recycle, and use up what I’ve got in my crafting studio before I run out and buy new.
SO! With that in mind, I’m suggesting you keep on eye on those tissue-paper bag-fillers and pretty holiday wrap…fold it up nice, and tuck it away. Let’s use it for ornaments and thank you gifts!
Today I’m sharing an ornament craft. YEAH, I know that the season is over, but you could A), tuck it away for next year, B), use a heart-shaped ornament and get a jump on your Valentines’ Day decorations, or C) use an egg-shape for spring. It’s a good technique and recycled craft, so make it your own!
This is a simple craft that can be done easily with children 4 and up, and is also appropriate w/senior groups.
You will need:
- paper mache ornaments (I got mine from ConsumerCrafts.com, but most craft stores carry them, too)
- Glue or ModPodge
- foamie brush- so you can throw it away
- recycled tissue paper
- rhinestones, if you like!
Couple of quick tips-
- if you use aluminum foil as a work surface, you can quickly funnel unused glitter back into the container.
- use a styrofoam egg container to hold the ornaments until the are dry.
- use microbeads or epsom salts for a “sugared” look instead of the glitter.
Have fun, happy crafting, and happy holidays!