Ok, so today’s installment of my studio tour and organization is really more about thinking outside of the box and my dumb luck.
I am blessed with not one, but TWO card catalogs.
Remember those? Once upon a time, kittens, when I was a wee lassie, I had to look up books by thumbing through little cards set into drawers. Then we had to write down the Dewey Decimal number and go look up the books. Ah, the time before computers!
Anyway, as the schools were clearing these out to make way for the computer stations, my mother-in-law (a teacher) snagged these and saved them from a land fill. Now, at this point, you’ll probably have to scour antique or thrift stores to find these, or stalk them on Ebay, but if you can find one, SNATCH IT UP!
Here’s mine in context:
You know me and labels…I have all these drawers labeled and chock-full o’ crafty goodness. Glues, embossing powders, sewing notions, tools….heck I even have a drawer for Velcro! True, the drawers are small, but really deep so that you can cram a lot into the space. And it just so happens that this one has 72 drawers.
That’s a lot of stuff.
Oh, and on the wall right across from the card catalog is my spool ribbon storage. It’s a pants hanger that has arms that swing out so you can thread the spools on.
Now, I’ve also seen some pretty cool repurposed shoe cubbies too. I’m sure you could find those either new or recycled, too.
I also have my stamp storage in this area, too- it’s nestled between the craft closet and the card catalog nook. That door leads to ANOTHER storage room that holds fabric, yarn, wood crafts, and off-season stuff.
So there we are! Tomorrow I hope to show you where I do my paper crafting & jewelry making- and my other card catalog! Donâ€™t forget CS4S2C part one here (itâ€™s my Polymer Clay workstation) or CS4S2C part two (my crafty closet).
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018