I have my own space to craft- it’s the third floor of our house and is primarily in what used to be a guest bedroom. There is a full bathroom up there, too- so most of the time I have a place to wash out brushes, hand dyed fabric to dry, and wet-sand polymer clay beads without messing up the rest of the house.
I thought I’d share one part of my studio today- my Polymer Clay desk. This is also where I do resin casting, so I have TONS of supplies in this little nook:
I have tools, texture plates, some jewelry findings and tools, a dedicated toaster oven, and a pasta machine on top of the table. I also have have a heat gun for curing liquid clay, a Dremel for buffing, and my pistol-grip Dremel Stylus for drilling. I use a cheap cutting mat held down with fancy duct tape to work on. I also have a stack of tiles for putting finished pieces on that are ready to bake.
Since this table abuts my sewing area, there’s a box of sewing supplies stashed under this table. I also keep items to cover with polymer clay under here (mostly tins and picture frames) as well as my extra supplies for teaching classes. This includes my Pearl-Ex powder collection and stamps that I use with polymer clay only.
The storage drawers on the left hold polymer clay, texture tools, resin molds, and glazes. The shelving unit on the right holds Snapware that holds shape cutters, my extruding tools, frames/ bezels, and pre-made canes and scrap clay.
Here’s what the corner looks like altogether:
It was important to me to craft a space where I could do my polymer clay work and reach everything I need from my chair. It’s a big plus that I can work in my own space without having to clean up for company, dinner, etc.
I realized that I’m super lucky when I asked my friends on the CraftTestDummies’ Facebook Fan Page where they craft. Here are some responses from Twitter: (I’m @crafttestdummy.)
- Renee Logan Heller Music studio for my husband the drummer!
- Carrie Perham Tuttle yes, a little of everything.. a guest room!
- Cindy Matthews My bedroom. Carefully! 🙂
- Vicki O’Dell A small craft store. People often confuse my space for a small craft store! 🙂
- Lisa Godare My craft space was the dining room. Now it is my craft space only.
- Lisa Asanowicz Keva craft space = kitchen table!
- Irene Lennon Yes, my craft space doubles as my house … lol!
- Stacy Palmer I have a dedicated craft room, however my son came home for Christmas and informed me that ‘his’ room is getting taken over by the overflow!! lol
- Patti Suzi’sMom Jarrett Not any more!
- Kaci Lorance Same as you…guest room…and it’s my kitty’s favorite room in the house, we share 🙂
- Cheryl Owens Have a room but most of the time it is in the living room so i can be with family, too. 🙂
- Jennifer Urban Clark Nope, thank goodness!! (Well, other than the fact that there is also a desk for the kiddos…) However, it IS smack dab in the middle of the house, with only 2 walls – so where you go in my house, you have to walk past the craft room. Fortunately my DH is very forgiving of my constant mess!!
Feel free to ask questions about storage, and tomorrow I’ll share another crafty space in my studio and a some of my storage/organization solutions.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018