So here we are at Day Five of my studio re-org, clean-up, and tour. This is the last section of my studio to share, because this is my most often-used workspace, and consequently, the messiest. Before I started tidying up, it looked like THIS:
Now, it’s usually not THIS bad, but yes…usually it is messy. Boxes of product on the floor, project leftovers in trays,Â and little bowls of loose gew-gaws on the table.
Anyway, as I was cleaning up the studio, day by day, this corner is where all the leftover junk showed up. So of course, it was all left for today. Yikes.
Well, my crafty friends, in only 2 short hours, I put away, tidied, and organized so that it now looks like THIS:
So now you can see that I have an organizer on the left that holds patterned paper stacks and paper ephemera, and of course my faboo card catalog number two. This one is on a stand that holds 2 pull-out table for extra work room. The catalog itself holds adhesives, rhinestones & hot-fix setters, paper punches, stamp pads, and about 20 drawers full of jewelry-making supplies.
Under the catalog is another organizer with jewelry stuff (yes, I have a problem with beads) and a basket that holds all of my solid-color paper stacks. There is paper shelf in the corner (purchased from a store’s going-out-of-business sale.)
On the table itself I keep my Slice and markers, scissors, adhesives…well, you know. Everything you need for day-to-day crafting! I also keep paper towels, plastic gloves, and handy wipes close by.
So…. now I need to confess. I didn’t get ALL those boxes sorted in two hours. I had to move them just outside the door to where my Cricut machines are set up:
Ok…so now you know my dirty secret! I had to just dump some of that stuff on the table into a bin to sort later. And I figure, that’s OK.
I mean, at the end of the day, we all have to do our best- and sometimes that means just sweeping off a table and starting fresh.
Over the next few days, I’ll pick up a box, rummage through, and get it all properly sorted and put away. That’s what down time is for, right? And in the meanwhile, I can jump on my reviews for the New Year with a clean, uncluttered table.
And as far as I’m concerned, a clean studio table is about as much as a fresh start as I ever need….it beckons me to new creative adventures!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018