This resolution is a promise to myself and a challenge to you, dear crafty friends!
BRANCH OUT. CROSS POLLINATE. COLLABORATE.
I know that I blog in the virtual world, but dearies, I LIVE in the real one. What I hope to do in 2010 is to take my crafty love OUT of my third floor loft, OFF of the interwebs,Â and BRING IT.Â In other words, to find crafty love in different places, and connect with new folks in new ways.
BRANCH OUT. Take your same skills to a new place. Push your boundaries. Shake it up. Like to crochet hats? Try a purse. Do some free-form. Make jewelry? Maybe make some bead embroidery. This will not only shake up your creative mojo, it will lead to….
CROSS POLLINATE.Â (OK, cross-pollination.) Find an artist/crafter you admire, and get inspired by him/her. Add some of their techniques, materials, or aesthetic into what YOU do. Go to shows, chat them up, and then…
COLLABORATE. Offer to share a booth. Or swap materials or finished goods. Or work on a piece together. For example, I’m gonna develop a class to teach polymer clay buttons at a local knitwear studio. The owner will teach her peeps the joy of felting, and then I’ll ice-the-cake with custom buttons to set it off. SEE? How fun is THAT?
Personally, I’m also going to be actively seeking opportunities to network with artists/crafters both on and off the web. I’m hoping to collaborate with some faboo bloggers and do some guest-posting, and I’m also hoping to find some “Craft Test Dummies” to come play with ME. (More on that soon.)
Have an idea on a way to do one, or all of these objectvies? Drop me a line and say what’s on your mind!
Read more about my Crafty New Years Resolutions & Charitable intentions, if you like, or Part Three: Choosing a Word Prompt for 2010.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018