Wonder what a CraftTestDummy does on a weekend? Sometimes I make a big mess….and sometimes I go shopping. I took a little field trip to Stamplistic, and wonderful (and sadly my ONLY) semi-local independently-owned scrapbooking and stamping store.
What makes Stamplisitic special is that they carry such a marvelous collection of scrapbooking, stamping AND mixed-media supplies. From Adirondack inks to Zentangles, they’ve really got something for everyone.
They’ve also recently moved- and their new, shiny scrapping mecca on Cooper-Foster Park Road is only about 500 yard from their old store. The new space faces a major road, has copious convenient parking, and is staffed by the most amazing, friendly, talented folks around!
For example, Mara was doing a make-n-take using some layered stamps. I wish I’d thought to take a picture, but the idea is to stamp on image multiple times, then cut them out and layer with foam adhesive. She is so creative and her display was inspiring! In fact, she inspired me to buy these:
While there,Â my sister and I checked out the annual parking-lot sale. It’s like a craft yard sale on steroids! Folks bring their new & gently used items and resell them at a great discount. I scored some Sizzix products at a “can’t pass it up” price, along with a rubberstamp:
And, since Stamplistic had recently moved, there was a clearance sale going on in the back, too. I could not pass up a piece of slat board and some shelves. (I’m thinking new, more organized thoughts for my studio.) Only a complete craft nerd would get this excited over slat board. Guilty as charged!
For a quick video tour, read the article online done by the Morning Journal. And of course, if you are even THINKING about a trip to northern Ohio, put this great shop on your agenda!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017