Wonder what a CraftTestDummy does on a weekend? Sometimes I make a big mess….and sometimes I go shopping. I took a little field trip to Stamplistic, and wonderful (and sadly my ONLY) semi-local independently-owned scrapbooking and stamping store.
What makes Stamplisitic special is that they carry such a marvelous collection of scrapbooking, stamping AND mixed-media supplies. From Adirondack inks to Zentangles, they’ve really got something for everyone.
They’ve also recently moved- and their new, shiny scrapping mecca on Cooper-Foster Park Road is only about 500 yard from their old store. The new space faces a major road, has copious convenient parking, and is staffed by the most amazing, friendly, talented folks around!
For example, Mara was doing a make-n-take using some layered stamps. I wish I’d thought to take a picture, but the idea is to stamp on image multiple times, then cut them out and layer with foam adhesive. She is so creative and her display was inspiring! In fact, she inspired me to buy these:
While there,Â my sister and I checked out the annual parking-lot sale. It’s like a craft yard sale on steroids! Folks bring their new & gently used items and resell them at a great discount. I scored some Sizzix products at a “can’t pass it up” price, along with a rubberstamp:
And, since Stamplistic had recently moved, there was a clearance sale going on in the back, too. I could not pass up a piece of slat board and some shelves. (I’m thinking new, more organized thoughts for my studio.) Only a complete craft nerd would get this excited over slat board. Guilty as charged!
For a quick video tour, read the article online done by the Morning Journal. And of course, if you are even THINKING about a trip to northern Ohio, put this great shop on your agenda!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018