One of the perks of living in CLE + is that we’ve got some faboo indie artists/authors/crafters who make this an interesting place to live. One of the MOST interesting and talented is Shannon Okey, also known as Knitgrrl.
Shannon is an author, TV personality, knitwear designer, and world-class wisea$$, not necessarily in that order. She is also a self-described workaholic. Doubt it? Take a look at the list of books she’s either authored or edited:
- Knitgrrl 2
- Spin To Knit
- Felt Frenzy
- Crochet Style
- Just Gifts
- Just Socks
- The Pillow Book
- How to Knit in the Woods
- Alt Fiber
- Knitting for Dummies, 2nd edition
She also runs Knitgrrl Studio where she teaches classes and sells her patterns, felted wool, spindles, and finished goods.Â (And there may be some CraftTestDummies button-making classes and/or fusion fiber classes going on soon, too!)
When she’s not designing and teaching at her studio in Lakewood, Ohio, she is jet-setting around the country teaching and facilitating indie craft bazaars.Â WHEW!
Want to win it? Here are the rules: leave a comment on this post with your New Year’s Resolution on it. I’ll draw a comment radomly on 12/30/09 by NOON EST. I’ll announce the winner via post and make contact via e-mail.
Alright, kiddos- leave your comment!
**NOTE: GIVEAWAY IS OVER! We drew a winner on 12/30/o9 and you can read the post here. Congrats, Dana!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017