One of the perks of living in CLE + is that we’ve got some faboo indie artists/authors/crafters who make this an interesting place to live. One of the MOST interesting and talented is Shannon Okey, also known as Knitgrrl.
Shannon is an author, TV personality, knitwear designer, and world-class wisea$$, not necessarily in that order. She is also a self-described workaholic. Doubt it? Take a look at the list of books she’s either authored or edited:
- Knitgrrl 2
- Spin To Knit
- Felt Frenzy
- Crochet Style
- Just Gifts
- Just Socks
- The Pillow Book
- How to Knit in the Woods
- Alt Fiber
- Knitting for Dummies, 2nd edition
She also runs Knitgrrl Studio where she teaches classes and sells her patterns, felted wool, spindles, and finished goods.Â (And there may be some CraftTestDummies button-making classes and/or fusion fiber classes going on soon, too!)
When she’s not designing and teaching at her studio in Lakewood, Ohio, she is jet-setting around the country teaching and facilitating indie craft bazaars.Â WHEW!
Want to win it? Here are the rules: leave a comment on this post with your New Year’s Resolution on it. I’ll draw a comment radomly on 12/30/09 by NOON EST. I’ll announce the winner via post and make contact via e-mail.
Alright, kiddos- leave your comment!
**NOTE: GIVEAWAY IS OVER! We drew a winner on 12/30/o9 and you can read the post here. Congrats, Dana!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018