One of the perks of living in CLE + is that we’ve got some faboo indie artists/authors/crafters who make this an interesting place to live. One of the MOST interesting and talented is Shannon Okey, also known as Knitgrrl.
Shannon is an author, TV personality, knitwear designer, and world-class wisea$$, not necessarily in that order. She is also a self-described workaholic. Doubt it? Take a look at the list of books she’s either authored or edited:
- Knitgrrl 2
- Spin To Knit
- Felt Frenzy
- Crochet Style
- Just Gifts
- Just Socks
- The Pillow Book
- How to Knit in the Woods
- Alt Fiber
- Knitting for Dummies, 2nd edition
She also runs Knitgrrl Studio where she teaches classes and sells her patterns, felted wool, spindles, and finished goods.Â (And there may be some CraftTestDummies button-making classes and/or fusion fiber classes going on soon, too!)
When she’s not designing and teaching at her studio in Lakewood, Ohio, she is jet-setting around the country teaching and facilitating indie craft bazaars.Â WHEW!
Want to win it? Here are the rules: leave a comment on this post with your New Year’s Resolution on it. I’ll draw a comment radomly on 12/30/09 by NOON EST. I’ll announce the winner via post and make contact via e-mail.
Alright, kiddos- leave your comment!
**NOTE: GIVEAWAY IS OVER! We drew a winner on 12/30/o9 and you can read the post here. Congrats, Dana!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017