Thinking about crafting an Advent Calendar? Yeah, me too, and so I thought I’d find a few projects to share. My critierion for this round-up is that they have to be SIMPLE…because the first of December is right around the corner!
This is a super-cute and RECYCLED craft, using styrofoam. The is a full tutorial on Craftster, but the idea is that you cut holes in the styrofoam, decoupage the face, and then cut the cardboard circles and attach them with brads to make little swinging doors. Cute and ec0-friendly! Thank you, Burstandbloom. You are a crafty diva.
Here’s another cool, recycled calendar idea from DIY Father: he uses matchboxes mounted on cereal-cardboard stars strung into a garland. I LOVE the idea of the kids being able to help out and paint and glitter up the stars,while the parents get all sneakyand fill up the goodie boxes!
My crafty collegue ChristyNelson.net madeÂ this goodie last year- she used those little watchmakers tins affixed to a canvas. (She got the idea from SplitCoast Stampers,who have a step-by-step tutorial here. )
I think you could probably use some heavy-duty magnets and a cookie sheet, too, as long as the trinkets inside weren’t too heavy.
Lastly, KidCraftWeekly has a trifecta of Advent Calenders: One made with simple manilla envelopes, one with origami boxes, and the last as traditional matchbox calendar.
There are links to the origami (cup) boxes here.
OK, enough of the eye candy! I think I’ve got some envelopes upstairs, so I bet I can whip out that version today.
Interested in what to put IN the Advent Calendars? Here are a few ides:
- play tattoos
- foil-wrapped candy
- baseball/football cards, etc
- miniature figurines
- loose coins
- scripture verses
- positive affirmations
- certificates for: hugs, walks, playing games, etc.
- small erasers
- mini ornament to hang on a mini tree
Any other ideas, folks?
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018