Finding a word to prompt creativity is no biggie in the writing community, but it’s an idea that seems to be gaining traction in the crafting world.
(Need a primer on word prompts?Â Creativity-portal has a list of prompts and ideas on what to do with them.)
For artists/crafters/makers, the idea is being taken a bit further- choose a word that gives you guidance/inspiration and will be part of your New Year’s Resolution, but then also use it as a prompt for you crafting/art/making during the year.
I have to tell you, I’m in love with this idea. One word can be so powerful, so moving, and so inspiring…and then using it as a a springboard for what you create…well, the possibilities are infinite.
Some of my other creative friends have chosen “kindness”, and “ACTION!”. I’m going with…
Choose kindness, choose patience, choose tolerance, choose love, choose to speak, choose to be silent, choose to exercise, choose to rest, choose to eat healthy….for me it all comes down to making a CHOICE. Actively. Purposfully. Deliberatly.
So I’m choosing to use my word this year to it’s fullest potential, and create one thing a month that relates to my theme.
Do YOU have a word? Guidelines for your art-making? I’d love to hear what is inspiring and guiding you in 2010!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017