Being “green” is all the rage- we see a LOT of crafting with recycled elements, using less-toxic materials, and “using up” to decrease waste. How wonderful is it, then, to find a craft product company who is striving to do the same?
Enter Eco Green Crafts. It’s a brand-spankin’ new company founded by Julia Andrus and Susan Sepaniak, born after Julia was treated for a rare and “particularly mean” form of cancer. In Julia’s own words:
â€œOne of the things I learned during my own experience with cancer is that there are three basic factors that contribute to serious health issues, these are genetics, lifestyle and environment. While there is nothing we can do about our genetic make-up, there is plenty we can do to improve our personal environments and lifestyles. Using leisure time for creative activities has been proven to reduce stress. Using safe, eco-friendly products for creative projects is a tremendous contribution that can make a healthy difference, especially for children and active crafters.â€
They have taken care to create paints with low or no VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds), glue that is derived from a plant and preservative-free (patent pending), and cling- mount stamps that are made of recycled rubber. They print their labels on recycled paper and have made every effort to reduce their carbon footprint.
As a mom and an avid crafter, I love their passion, message, and mission to bring healthy crafting to all and leave the world a better place. I think you will, too! Take a look at this video I shot of Julia at CHA Winter 2010, and I’m sure she will convince you as well!
Read my full review of Eco Green Crafts Acrylic Paints, too!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018