(Note: there is a District 9 spoiler here…but just a little one….)
OK, it’s a Sunday, and I just have to have a little rant here. Recently I’ve seen both a movie and a TV show where crafty folk are getting a bad rap and are portrayed as simpletons or just crazy.
(Well, I’ll admit to being a little crazy, but really people!)
So my first example is Glee, a new Fox show about Glee club. The wife of the Glee club director is…well… off. And she has a craft room. So SEE??? She’s a little crazy because she likes CRAFTS!!!
Then I went to see District 9. The man character, Wikus, is well….simple. Dense. And his idea of showing his wife how much he cares is making her little gew-gaws that are about on the same level as some of my kindergardener’s crafts. SEE????Â People who do crafts are unskilled and pathetic!
What is going on here? What happened to honoring crafters, like in “How to Make An American Quilt?” Now, there, the womenÂ all had their own issues, but the respect was there.
I guess I’m feeling the need to stand up for myself and my fellow crafters… don’t let the media make you believe that you are odd for crafting…
Anyone else feeling this way out there???
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018