This DVD covers Cricut Basics, Cricut Advanced, and “Let’s Get Creative.” Her’s a run-down on what’s included:
The Cricut A to Z DVD is an entire “Cricut University”! In over 45 lessons, I cover everything from turning it on to going through ALL of the functions and creative features.
I don’t talk about only one machine, I actually cover ALL THREE! The Cricut Personal Cutter (“Baby Bug”), Cricut Expression and Cricut Create are all covered. I’ll take you by the hand as we go over, step by step, how to use each one.
I’ll also cover 7 different cartridges and ALL of the functions and “creative features” available on them! I couldn’t squeeze all 100+ cartridges that Provo Craft has created, but I CAN give you the foundations to learn from so that you will be able to use any functions or feature on any of your cartridges.
Now, as I mentioned, I’m pretty familiar with my Cricut- but I found a bunch of handy tips and tricks, especially in the “Cricut Advanced” portion. Megan really knows her stuff, and her teaching style is very personable and relaxed. Thankfully, she has a peppy tone and she keeps you engaged. No boring monotones here!
I found the over-the-shoulder shooting style very helpful, too- you can see what buttons she’s pressing very clearly, and she holds up the books to explain what’s happening and why. While it’s not super-polished- she sometimes makes little mistakes (!) it really keeps that feeling of someone being there with you, talking with you, and having FUN.
These videos are a little dated, however- while they cover the Expression, Create, and V1 (Baby Bug), the Imagine and Expression 2 aren’t covered.Â However, a lot of the same functions/usability applies- you just have to translate it to your touch screen. And I’m sure that Megan is already working on it!
I also wanted to mention that Megan has a YouTube Channel that is chock-full of videos showing tips, techniques, and projects- all for FREE. I really get the feeling that teaching is a mission for her- she LOVES to share what she knows.
For $22.97, it’s a pretty good value. After all, taking a class in person would cost much more. And for beginners, this DVD is going to save you hours of frustration and get you crafting happy in no time!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review purposes.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018