Earlier my crafty colleague Abby reported on thing Spring Colors named by Pantone for 2015. Since then, there has been a lot of speculation about which color would win the title of “Color of the Year.” Pantone has just announced that Marsala has won the honors.
Described as, “A TASTEFUL HUE:”
Much like the fortified wine that gives Marsala its name, this tasteful hue embodies the satisfying richness of a fulfilling meal while its grounding red-brown roots emanate a sophisticated, natural earthiness.
While this may not be as important for crafters as it is, say, for cosmetics and the fashion industry, we often reflect popular color palettes in our crafting and home decor nontheless.
Wondering what products mimic the brownish-red of Marsala? I’ve put together a list to help you!
Ranger Ink: Fired Brick. This is very close to Marsala in it’s muted tones, and we love that Ranger has everything from paint to stain to glitter glue to cardstock and MORE in this line. It’s almost a one-stop-shop for paper crafters and home decor artists. (Affiliate links below.)
Swarovski Crystals and Beads: Red Magma. This is again a very muted red with that brown undertone that will pair elegantly with either gold (my pick) or silver. And there are so many options for sizes and shapes, you are bound to find a way to work it in to your designs.
Stampin’ UP! Cajun Craze. While this one has a bit more orange in the mix, devotees of Stampin’ UP will find that this color does the trick impersonating as Marsala quite well.
Want to dye your own clothes or fabric? The awesome folks at Rit Dye have already come up with this handy chart for custom-mixing Marsala!
And finally, here are a bunch of other random products that I think you could sub-in for Marsala. Please be aware that this is my own opinion based on *my* computer monitor- use your own judgement. (Affiliate links)
How do you feel about Marsala being the color of the year? Will you use it in your crafting, and if so, how? We’d love to hear from you.Please comment below, and remember to subscribe to our email list to receive all of our updates!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018