Paper trimmers are an essential tool for any cardmaker, memory keeper or mixed-media artist. And a sturdy, reliable trimmer that handles both delicate papers and thick substraits with precision is at the top of my wish-list, at least. Enter the ProCision Rotary Bypass Paper Trimmer by Fiskars: a semi-pro tool that can handle a variety of paper-cutting tasks with ease.
From the website:
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle for straight, perfectly precise cuts. As a bonus, it cuts a wide range of thick materials. Additional innovations include a spring-action rotary bypass blade that stays sharp and never needs to be replaced, a built-in smudge guard, grid line measurements on the top and bottom so you can use the base to your left or right, a top-quality work surface for long-lasting performance and a convenient folding design to take up less space during storage and transport.
Let’s take a closer look.
The ProCision Bypass Rotary Paper Trimmer folds in half to make it easier to transport. Tension holds it in place.
The blade housing is set on double rails for stability- no wiggling around! The blade is permanent and is touted to be a “lifetime” blade. The paper guard is a clear plastic and can be locked down for transporting, as well.
The cutting table is HUGE and has markings up to 13 inches. There are also 3/8″ “curbs” on either side to stabilize paper, which is especially helpful when cutting multiple sheets of paper or thick substraits. Note that the markings are every 1/4″ inch down the length of the board to help ensure proper alignment, and there’s even markings to the right of the cutting blade to assist in making thin strips.
Of course, a video is always helpful to illustrate all of the features and benefits- so I made this one for you.
Here’s a close look at the paper samples I cut:
As you can see, the ProCision Rotary Bypass Paper Trimmer is a workhorse of a tool. If you have a lot of cutting to do and want the most stable and accurate cutting path I’ve seen to date, the ProCision is for you.
The only drawbacks I can find are the large size and the hefty price tag. But quality can be absolutely worth it. And there are some deals out there- like the one at Amazon below.
So…is it worth it for you? I’d love to hear your comments!
Disclosure: Tool provided for review purposes. Opinions are honest and my own.
Amazon affiliate links support CraftTestDummies.com.
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017