What I really love about the crafting community is INNOVATION. Craft companies are always trying to come up with the newest, best tool or project to help crafters create more efficiently, easily, or creatively. The Craft-n-Spin is one of those “new tools on the block.”
The concept of the Craft-n-Spin is simple: it’s a “lazy susan” rotating base, with a series of arms and pointy pyramids on the top. These pyramids slide back and forth along the arms to support whatever is placed upon it. It keeps your item elevated so you can paint or decoupage (or whatever) your item all the way to the bottom edge, with out gluing it to the table! Also, since the base rotates smoothly, you can turn it to reach all of the sides without having to pick it up and reposition it.
Now, I will fully admit that, yes, I have been known to spraypaint or decoupage items and inadvertently glue it to the newspapers I’d placed underneath- AND sputter and swear because that newspaper didn’t come off. Project ruined! So the Craft-N-Spin seems like a great idea! I tried it out when making a little painted box:
This is another one of those tools that I wish I’d had access to when I worked in nursing homes- this would be great for folks who need that “third hand” when painting or crafting.
And here’s another opinion of a woman I ran across at the Supershow at CHA- she had one in her cart, and I asked her if she liked it. Here’s her candid opinion:
(Sorry she’s on her side, couldn’t get that glitch worked out today!)
Here are a couple of nitty-gritty facts about the Craft-N-Spin:
- The Craft-N-Spinâ„¢ is approximately 16″ in diameter and 3.5″ tall.Â Weighing approximately 3lbs, the Craft-N-Spin stores easily and is made of a specially formulated, lightweight plastic that provides superior strength and adhesion resistance. The Craft-N-Spinâ„¢ supports projects weighing up to 100lbs.
I think that this would be a great addition to the craft room if you’re an avid painter, or if you have some physical limitations. I’m gonna keep it handy for my kid’s projects, too. What do you think?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018