So, the first thing you might be asking is, “what the heck is a Swap-Bot?”, so let me clue to you in!
Swap-Bot is this nitfty site where crafters can…um…swap.
Let me try again. That is, some one says, “Hey, I’m having a ball making these wintery ATC’s. I would love to trade with another artist/crafter!” So, you’d click on over to Swap-Bot and they can set that up. Here’s what they do, in their own words:
Do you like sending and receiving snail mail? Do you like writing letters, making crafts, or putting together fun packages? You should try swapping! Swap-bot is a online service that organizes group swaps and a community of creative individuals. Swap-bot takes the hassle out of participating in group swaps by organizing all of the participant information and doing all of the partner assignments. On Swap-bot, you can host swaps, join swaps, and chat with other swappers from all over the world. Give it a try!
While I personally have not used Swap-Bot, I have been a participant in some swaps on a Yahoo Group I belong to, and I’m always thrilled to both send off my goodies for swapping, and then awaited the magical day when my crafty goodness arrived in the mail. It really is fun to share your creativity with other like-minded crafters!
SO, that brings me to their blog. This is cool because they’ve taken their swapping one step further, and the blog features real-life swap meet ups, news and notes, and now, crafty blog reviews. What a clever way of connecting crafters and building communties. LOVE it!
I was honored to be their featured blog on December 3, 2009. You can read the full article here. I was especially flattered that they recommended me to y’all’s blogrolls. Nice!
That gets me to thinking….we might have to launch a CraftTestDummies swap in the new year. Whaddaya think? What should we swap? Hm…..
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017