I can’ tell whether it feels a lot longer than four years, or much shorter- but there it is: FOUR YEARS OF CRAFT TEST DUMMIES!!!Â Back when I wrote my first post on January 6, 2008, I knew that I wanted to write honest reviews, share some tutorials, and really test myself in creating a blog that was worth it’s salt. So, here I am, 4 years and 760 posts later.
I’m so humbled and grateful to be where I am right now- I’ve got 4 AMAZING contributors (shout-outs to Vicki, Jen C, Haley, and Sara– make sure you check their blogs, too) and a fantastic readership. (Did you know that there are almost one thousand daily email subscribers?) There are a lot of cool folks checking in every day, and that only inspires me to write MORE tutorials, BETTER reviews and FUNNER articles. (Oh, heck, you know what I mean!)
I thought y’all might be interested in the top four posts of all time:
….and my post on how to make Recycled Tie Bags came in a close 5th!
So where is CTD heading now? Well, I can tell you that we are going to continue covering craft trends at CHA, crank out quality product reviews, and add some extra posts each week. I’m also actively working on boosting video content, and I’m hoping to have some interactive web-based events planned later this year. You’ll also notice that I’ve added some affiliate-marketing links in hopes that it makes it easier for you to locate products of interest (while helping me pay the bills!).Â Overall, however, my goal remains unchanged: to provide fellow crafters with ideas, inspiration, and the information necessary to be a savvy consumer.
Now about that giveaway…
On February 2, (in four weeks) I’ll be pulling 4 names from my list of email subscribers to win FOUR COOL PRIZES!
Wanna know what they are?
Prize #1:Â ConsumerCrafts.com has offered to give away a Sew Easy starter pack- an easy way to add stitching elements to your paper projects!
Prize #2:Â I’ve got a Picture Keeper for a lucky winner, too- you can just plug it in to your computer and it will back up all of your files!
For prize #3, we’ve got a 12-piece set of Martha Stewart Pearl Paints and Stencil brushes! You can use this paint on any surface- wood, glass, terra cotta- it’s amazing!
THIS JUST IN: 1/26- Elmer’s Crafters is contributing a prize package worth $60!!!
And for the GRAND PRIZE- a CRICUT EXPRESSION 2!!
Yup- I’ll send you the very Cricut E2 that I reviewed….and that is one of my top posts ever! PLUS I’ll include an EXCLUSIVE Cricut Circle cartridge:
Ok- I know by now you are all chomping at the bit, wanting to know how to enter! Well, it’s simple- just sign up for the CraftTestDummies Daily e-mail! It’s easy- just click that link or use the “Subscribe” box in the top right column on this page.
PLEASE NOTE: You’ll get an email from CTD (via Feedburner) asking your to confirm your subscription–be sure to click and confirm in order to be entered.Â THAT’S IT! I’ll pick the winners on Saturday, February 4th, from my email list and announce them on CTD.
So what are you waiting for? Go subscribe to The Craft Test Dummies Daily Email now!
And I promise, I don’t sell my list, and I don’t “spam.”Â When you subscribe, you’ll get a daily email when there’s a new post on CTD.Â And that’s a good thing, right?Â That way you won’t miss a single review, tutorial, or giveaway!
Of course, if you’d like to leave me a comment, I’d love to hear from you.
Standard Giveaway (Sweepstakes) Mumbo-Jumbo:
- No purchase is necessary.
- Odds of winning are based on number of entries.
- This giveaway begins: 1/6/2012Â and ends: 2/4/2012
- Winners will be chosen from the current email subscribers.
- Winners will be notified via email that they have won and have 7 calendar days to respond to verify winning. If winners do not respond to that email, they will forfeit the prize.
- You must be a US resident aged 18 years or older and live in the Contiguous US for be eligible to win. Sorry, my international friends!
Thanks for a great “First Four Years!”
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018