Since it’s Friday, I thought I’d share a fun craft technique for you stampers out there: emboss-resist images. All you need is some clear embossing powder, a clear embossing pad (I used my VersaMark Dazzle for this) and then some chalk inks. This is a great technique to use with those Powder Puff Chalking Inks I reviewed earlier this week!
To start, stamp your image with clear embossing/pigment ink, then heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Sure, you could use white (if you are using white paper), but I really like the translucent quality of the clear.
Next, apply your chalking inks direct to the paper. For this sample, I used the richer, brighter color in the middle, then used 4 other shades as I worked my way out.
I used four shades of ink to complete my coloring:
You see that you get kind of a “watermark” look. But wait! Magic is about to happen. Grab a hand- or baby-wipe, and you can remove the ink off of the stamped image and at the same time, blend the background colors a bit….
And then you end up with a cool image like this:
So there you have it! I like to be able to share project and techniques from time-to-time. After all, what fun is reviewing all these cool craft products if I don’t get to play with them every now and then!?
OH! And if you start off with that same embossed image, you can use watercolors with them, too- I have a post on that here. Have fun!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018