Need a last-minute Mother’s Day card? Or birthday or “Thank you” for that matter? I’ve got a quick card you can make in under 15 minutes with basic stamping supplies you probably have on hand.
- 4 stamps (a selection of large, small, and graphic work best
- 4 ink colors (or markers) that you like together and black if you are stamping your sentiment
- Post-it Note (I like the 1 X 2 inch ones) OR scrap paper with repositionable adhesive
- Frame Stamp (Optional)
- Sentiment stamp, rub-on or sticker
- 1 card blank
- 1 solid-color piece of cardstock in a coordinating stamp pad color OR black works in a pinch, cut 1/4″ smaller than the card blank
- 1 white or ivory piece of cardstock 1/2 inch smaller than the card base
OK! Now to create the background! Place your Post It Note or scrap shape where you’d like your sentiment to be. (This is your mask.) Now take your largest stamp and stamp the image 5-7 times, remembering to stamp off of the edges, too. Continue with each stamp and color, filling the spaces. Don’t be afraid to overlap, and DO remember to stamp over the edge of the Post-it Note. It will create a defined space for your sentiment.
Next, remove your mask. Add a rub-on, sticker, or stamp in the middle. You can also stamp a frame if you like. Black works best for this, as it will pop against your other colors.
Now assemble your card with the blank, cardstock matte, and stamped front. Add a rhinestone or pearl or two if you like.
Ta-da! Easy! And of course, I recommend that if you have your supplies out, go assembly-line fashion and make 4 or 5 at a time. Leave the sentiment area blank, and you’ll always have a card or two on hand for last-minute occasions.
(Not that that ever happens to me. *cough cough*)
Of course, it’s always easiest to make you a little video, so here you are!
If you like the stamp set I’ve featured on the video, it’s the Vintage you can find it on HSN. It’s part of the line I represent for 3 Birds and I’ll be demo-ing this set and making this card on air next week.
Disclosure: I am paid to represent 3 Birds on HSN and I get free product from them. However, I use it because I like it and not because they pay me to do so on my blog.