As you saw in my CHA post, I swung by the I Love To Create booth a few times during the show. The lovely PattieWack- aka Pattie Wilkinson- was manning a make-and-take, creating stunning mixed-media necklaces. I sat down to make one myself, and she graciously said I could share the step-by-step with YOU, crafty reader!
The secret to the necklace is…. WASHERS! You know, the metal ones from the home supply store. These ones were big- aboutÂ 3 inches in diameter- but boy, do they make a great substrait!
Here’s your supply list:
- Metal washers
- cut out words, images from magazines
- confetti, seed beads, micro beads
- fine glitter
- adhesive craft sheets (Aileen’s has a new one, but I couldn’t find a link for it)
- small charms, ephemera, (flat backed)
I bet most of this you’ve already got in your stash!
First, you place your washer onto the paper-backed craft sheet and trace around then inside and the outside. Then cut it out using scissors. (I recommend the Westcott non-stick ones. They are the bomb.) Then you peel off the backing and place it on the washer. Now the fun begins!
Place your words and small embellishments on first- if they stick out over the edge a teensy bit, it’s OK. I used words from magazines and then a little birdy charm. This is a great way to use up some of your crafty leftovers.
Then you sprinkle on your “chunky” bits- seed beads, micro (hole-less) beads, sequins. They’ll stick just fine onto the adhesive sheet, but pat it in with your finger to make sure it’s fully stuck in. Then choose a shade- or two- of fine glitter. This will fill in the little spaces and make sure there are no sticky parts left! Oh….and it makes it shiny, too!!
To finish it off, just take a bit of ribbon and make a lark’s head not around the top of the washer, then tie it in a bow around your neck. Ta-da!
Visit Pattie’s blog to see pictures of other lovely creations made at her booth that day!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018