My kiddos are heading away to their first sleep-away camp, and I admit I’m a little worried that they’ll get homesick. So I’ve decided to give them a little bit of Mommy Love every day with a teeny card to open with a special message inside!
I made mine using some pre-made 3X3 mini cards and envelopes by American Crafts- but you can use any kind or even make your own. The fun ofÂ making them is that you can use up little scraps from other projects, too. Some I painted, some have ribbon, some are stamped- all were fun and easy to make. Inside, I wrote a little message about making friends, enjoying the adventures they are having, and being loved- and missed. *snif*
I think from now one, I’ll keep a little stack of these cards handy and make mini-cards out of my project leftovers throughout the year so I’ll have them on hand. (PS- they’d make great little gift-cards, too.)
As their camp counselors hand out their “mail,” I hope my kids will feel loved and reassured. I know I feel better just making them!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018