My kiddos are heading away to their first sleep-away camp, and I admit I’m a little worried that they’ll get homesick. So I’ve decided to give them a little bit of Mommy Love every day with a teeny card to open with a special message inside!
I made mine using some pre-made 3X3 mini cards and envelopes by American Crafts- but you can use any kind or even make your own. The fun ofÂ making them is that you can use up little scraps from other projects, too. Some I painted, some have ribbon, some are stamped- all were fun and easy to make. Inside, I wrote a little message about making friends, enjoying the adventures they are having, and being loved- and missed. *snif*
I think from now one, I’ll keep a little stack of these cards handy and make mini-cards out of my project leftovers throughout the year so I’ll have them on hand. (PS- they’d make great little gift-cards, too.)
As their camp counselors hand out their “mail,” I hope my kids will feel loved and reassured. I know I feel better just making them!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY & GIVEAWAY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017