My kiddos are heading away to their first sleep-away camp, and I admit I’m a little worried that they’ll get homesick. So I’ve decided to give them a little bit of Mommy Love every day with a teeny card to open with a special message inside!
I made mine using some pre-made 3X3 mini cards and envelopes by American Crafts- but you can use any kind or even make your own. The fun ofÂ making them is that you can use up little scraps from other projects, too. Some I painted, some have ribbon, some are stamped- all were fun and easy to make. Inside, I wrote a little message about making friends, enjoying the adventures they are having, and being loved- and missed. *snif*
I think from now one, I’ll keep a little stack of these cards handy and make mini-cards out of my project leftovers throughout the year so I’ll have them on hand. (PS- they’d make great little gift-cards, too.)
As their camp counselors hand out their “mail,” I hope my kids will feel loved and reassured. I know I feel better just making them!
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017