My kiddos are heading away to their first sleep-away camp, and I admit I’m a little worried that they’ll get homesick. So I’ve decided to give them a little bit of Mommy Love every day with a teeny card to open with a special message inside!
I made mine using some pre-made 3X3 mini cards and envelopes by American Crafts- but you can use any kind or even make your own. The fun ofÂ making them is that you can use up little scraps from other projects, too. Some I painted, some have ribbon, some are stamped- all were fun and easy to make. Inside, I wrote a little message about making friends, enjoying the adventures they are having, and being loved- and missed. *snif*
I think from now one, I’ll keep a little stack of these cards handy and make mini-cards out of my project leftovers throughout the year so I’ll have them on hand. (PS- they’d make great little gift-cards, too.)
As their camp counselors hand out their “mail,” I hope my kids will feel loved and reassured. I know I feel better just making them!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017