I really love Mod Podge Dimensional Magic and use it frequently to add a glossy top coat to my projects. How excited was I to find out that there are now new formulations that have gold an silver glitter in the bottle? (Yes, I know you can just add it, but why not use it if they make it?) Let’s play, folks!
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Create faux mosaic, quilt and other textures with added dimension. Dries to a glittery gold finish, letting you add extra pizazz to your projects. Works with Mod Podge, acrylic paint, dyes, pigments and more. Stay put formula won’t sag or run. Perfect for jewelry, paper crafting and accenting home décor items.Size: 2 oz.
Of course, I had to play with my favorite application of MPDM- as a glossy topcoat on embellishments.
Now, because MPDM is a water-based product, if you mix it with OTHER water-based products it will “pull” the mists or inks up. As you can see in the photo above, the mists lifted into the MPDM when applied to the dried punched embellishment. Something to keep in mind if you don’t want bleeding to occur- but I think the effect is pretty cool. Here’s how it looked on a card.
I love a bit of sparkle and shine, so I know that I will be using Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Gold and Silver Glitter formulas all through the holiday crafting season. Like I said, I know that you can just mix in your own glitter, but I appreciate one less step. (And if you are making Operation Write Home cards, where glitter is forbidden, this is a safe way of adding that glittery shine without risk of loose flakes everywhere.
It comes in a 2 oz bottle and has an MSRP of $6.99 USD. Will you be picking some up?
Disclosure: sample provided for review. All opinions and photos are my own.
If you’d like to purchase Mod Podge Dimensional Magic products, please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018